Friday, August 27, 2010

JOY UNSPEAKABLE....I AM COUNTING ON GOD


So, today is Friday. The beginning of the end. The last weekend before the fall semester starts and it is already getting super busy.

I started my GA work this past week and I also got a couple of my syllabi and am trying to get started working on some readings and summary papers. Every time I get a new syllabus I get nervous. I don't think I have ever done anything as intense as this program is going to be and I really am nervous/anxious/excited/:)!

I got a beautiful little card in the mail today from a dear friend :) She is very encouraging and strong in the Lord. On the card it had a cute picture of a yellow umbrella. Essentially the card said that she could not protect me from the "rain" b/c she did not have a huge yellow umbrella. Rather, she will walk with me in the rain! And then of course there was encouraging words and scripture to follow. It is wonderful to know that people are praying for me.....and I know this sound slightly selfish and self-centered. That is not my intentions. I truely am humbled and blessed to have people around me that care about me and want to support me in prayer. I recognize too that MANY people have been through programs with jobs/kids/and more. I know that there is nothing special about me....

I also know that some people cope with different things in different ways. For whatever reason, unbeknownst to me, this MSW program is nerve wracking to me along with having to work 20 hours and complete internship hours and be a wife etc....some people might not think that is stressful at all and that is okay. Stress is in the eye of the beholder....right? I don't know what I'm saying.

I'm blessed and I'm glad for friends and support, and I'm glad that I have God who is SOOO GOOD and wonderful! I know that He really will help and give me strength through this whirlwind of a time! I am very happy to be going through this program. I really am!!

HERE IS SONG FOR THIS SEMESTER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdkfdClHOM

"Joy unspeakable
that won't go away
And just enough strength
to live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
'Cause my faith
is on solid rock
I am counting on God

The miracle of Christ in me
Is the mystery that sets me free
I'm nothing like I used to be
So open up your eyes you'll see"

Until next time,
Krystal V.


No comments:

Post a Comment