Saturday, September 18, 2010

3 Weeks and counting.....

Well, my first three weeks have been a success...I think! Life is actually busier than I thought it would be...to my suprise. There is A LOT of work to do ALL the time and there will only be more and more to do.

This is my schedule:
Mondays 7:30am-10:00pm (I don't get home till 10...I try to be in bed by 11:00...but it's been midnight...grr)
Tuesday 7:30am-10:30/11:00pm
Wednesdays 7:30am-10:00pm
Thursdays usually 8:00am-9:30pm (even though I get home a little earlier...its still 12 b/f bed)
Friday's 7:30am-6:00/7:00pm.

I feel like Saturday and Sunday's are my only days at home. So, Saturday I get up no later than 8:00 and work on house work until about 10 -- then school work most of the rest of the day. Saturdays are BIG days for school work.

Our yard is stressing me out because I still have to cut the grass...that takes time out of my Saturdays. Then Sunday's we are gone from 7:15 to -- at the earliest 2:00...and on Sunday's I usually go grociery shopping for the week...then make a few big meals for us to eat on throughout the week...make baggies of other lunch items so that in the mornings I just have to grab things for our lunches instead of putting everything together that morning.

And Preston's schedule is worse. I mean he is home a lot more than I am...but he is probably on the computer about 90% of the time that he is home. His dissertation proposal is due by October 6th. Preston often works through the night....he gets hardly any sleep...sometimes he catches up on his sleep b/w Friday and Saturday....but then he often works through the night Saturday and then goes to church on Sunday morning.

We are just in a different world right now....but it is SO much fun. I LOVE the Master's program...and often end the week really tired and slightly stressed....If I think to much about what I have to do it makes me want to cry...but I've not actually cried yet.....we'll see! However, the people in the program...the people I'm getting to know are WONDERFUL.....

I just feel really good about where I am right now in my life....and though I'm super excited about the next stage of my life when I'm finished....I'm really grateful to be going through the program right now. It is a blessing from the Lord...HE is teaching me so much right now.

I'm very surprised at how much I like the program and the people.....but it is good! :)

Here is a pic of me on my first day:

Also...in the first week of school my laptop got a virus on it...it's still in the shop...which makes things a little crazier...I could do more school work at home if I had it....with one computer...we kind of have to work around each other....but I often go to campus to do school work.

One last thing to this online journal :) -- Tomorrow September 19th is my birthday. I will be 25 years old. Kinda weird to me. I actually am beginning to feel like an adult....like I'm growing up. Hmm....what will this year of my life bring.

Until next time.....
peace out....

KJV

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing! Hope once things get into a routine they get a little bit easier for you! I am proud of you Krystal, for all you do...and with a huge smile!

    ReplyDelete