Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cool Stuff!!

Well, this week has been very good (not great but good)! I have been more disciplined in my workouts and I have been getting up in the mornings on time! :) I have also been spending time in prayer and reading the Bible (b/c I wake up when I'm supposed to and have some time). Of course, still much work to do as far as leading a disciplined life...one day at a time!

A few things that really spoke to me this week:

1. Colossians 1:24 "Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind the
afflictions of Christ"

I am no great scholar but I did look up more about this scripture and read through my devotional about this scripture and it is jammed full of great insight and information! When we tell others about the power of Christ, the redemption story, and we share only what He has done in our lives we are missing out on a great point. We are not sharing the "revelations of Jesus" -- therefore, the Spirit of God is held back in ministry because those listening are only gaining a better "spiritual culture" and not experiencing the power of Christ.

I know that I do have a tendency to share about Christ with others from my own personal experience of what He has done for me/to me. I do not share what Jesus actually did and His actual story. Hmm....

Also, noted is that when we look at a person's personality or words of wisdom or outer appearance we are not able to see that person the way Christ sees them. We get tangled up in their fleshness. In order to see them as Christ does we must look deeper at their Christ like characteristics. Some personalities will not mesh very well, but if we are sisters/brothers in Christ then we must learn to look past those flesh difference and acknowledge the heart, the motivation, and those things which each other do for Christ and like Christ! That spoke a lot to me, and really gave me a new perspective on the way I look at people, especially those who I clash with!

Then too...this scripture is written by Paul. He is saying here that he is rejoicing in his own sufferings for the sake of others because of the afflictions of Christ. Because Christ came and was afflicted for the church -- Christ then rose from the dead and is in Heaven -- the task of suffering was left to those on earth -- the church. So, Paul rejoicing because he is advancing the gospel. He is picking up where Christ left off (sort of). Christ charged us with the same role. We are His disciples and we are to also suffer for the generations that are to come. For our children - we are to stand up for the gospel so that the Word remains - and on and on. Cool stuff! :)

2. Another devotional I read this week was from I Thessalonians 3:2 "Fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ" -- and I quote "If you seek great things for yourself - God has called me for this and that; you are putting a barrier to God's use of you. As long as you have a personal interested in your own character...you cannot get through identification with God's interest."

Also, "God is using me from His great personal standpoint, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him, and never say - Lord, this gives me such heartache. To talk in this way makes me a clog. When I stop telling God what I want, He can catch me up for what he wants without let or hindrance. He can crumple me up or exalt me, He can do anything He chooses."

Again...cool stuff...that spoke to me this week and I wanted to share in my blog. Okay...off to work again!

Peace.
Krystal

"I have learned that the aim in life is God's, not mine."

P.S. Click here to listen to Chris Sligh's song -- another "cool stuff" moment. I really like this song and it was great to listen to the 100 times 88.3 played it this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment