Sunday, November 7, 2010

Silly Me :)

Sometimes I find myself wishing things were different. Wishing that I did this better or that better etc. Sometimes I say to myself "well when this happens I will do this..." Sometimes I catch myself feeling like I'm waiting for my "real life" to begin. I catch myself thinking that when I have children that people will actually few me as a real women and I will finally be doing what God REALLY wants me to be doing. How silly! Right? Yeah! Crazy thoughts. When did those thoughts pop into my head. I KNOW that God LOVES me now. God is not waiting to bless me - He is blessing me now and He wants to continue to do so. God wants me to live each day for Him alone and not worry about the future (that we are not guaranteed). I KNOW that I am doing God's will for MY life right now. I KNOW that I am a real woman and THIS is my REAL life. :) Funny girl I am.

HOWEVER, there are things that I need to improve on, and I don't need to keep waiting around for the next best thing for me to start working on becoming a better person. So tonight I decided to write down seven things that I want at this time of my life. Here goes:

7. I want my Master's in Social Work. Yes, I really do want my MSW. I really enjoy what I am learning. I love being involved with the social service world and I LOVE doing therapy. I trust that God has me in this program for a specific plan and purpose, and it is great how it goes along with Preston's goals and such. I am very happy in working towards this goal! It is good!

6. I want to be healthy. Here is one where I am struggling with. I would venture to say that Preston and I are healthier than that average 25 year old, but there is much room for improvement, which leads into number 5.

5. I want to disciplined. There are things that I do, which I feel very disciplined in, but not every area of my life. I want to become a truly disciplined person in every area of my life. I need to focus on discipline of my time, discipline in my hobbies, discipline in my time with the Lord, discipline in my exercise program, and so forth.

4. I want to be a selfless, loving godly woman. Not for my own sake, but for the sake of Jesus Christ. I love God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit! They are really AWESOME little oneness group there! I desire for others to feel the love of Christ through me, and I desire to love others the way that Christ wants me to. I struggle here, and I don't know that it is because my motivation is not to do so, but rather, because I am not bold -- and I am not bold when I have not been disciplined in spending quality, daily time with Jesus Christ.

3. I want to be a prayer warrior. There have been times in my life that I have felt, seen, heard, and known the real POWER of prayer. But, recently (like in the last couple of years) my prayer life has been dry and a struggle. I pray for people, but in passing thoughts. When I was in college I would spend time in mediation with the Lord and I had a vibrant prayer and visions life. It was wonderful. I do not know exactly what happen to get me off that road, but I believe that prayer is amazing and that we as Christians MUST pray...and so must I now!

2. I want to be AN AMAZING WIFE (and some day mother). I am a VERY blessed woman when it comes to husbands. Preston is such a wonderful and loyal man, and he is very strong in his faith and work ethic...etc. I love the way that Preston loves me and cares for me and about. I have enjoyed these last 3 1/2 years of marriage and I see the growth that we together have experienced. Our communication is much better than when we first got married, and our love really is stronger. There are a lot of things that Preston (and I) would say that I do right and well; however, there is ALWAYS room for improvement....and I want to continue learning, reading, and praying about becoming the best wife I can be. People who do well at their task are those who spend quality time learning and practicing.

1. I want to ALWAYS place God at the center of everything I do. I want to become bolder in my walk with the Lord. I want to become more passionate about serving God and I want to grow in my relationship with Him.

So, those are what I want. I don't want to get into further details because I already feel like I'm sharing too much, but anyway, this week I have simple plans to incorporate of little more of these into my daily day! One day at a time!

God is SO amazingly wonderful, and I am grateful that He loves me and blesses me. I know that the closer I walk with Him, the more my eyes will be opened to His blessings. In order to be a great wife I must get hubby some food before he vanishes away.......

God Bless
Krystal V

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
- Zig Zigler

1 comment:

  1. Great list Krystal! I think everyone could use this list for themselves at all times in their life...except for number 7! That would be different for everyone! Good luck with your self-improvement! Hopefully it's something we all recognize and incorporate into our lives.

    ReplyDelete