Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breaking the Fall

So, fall break was this weekend....Monday and Tuesday. Preston and I had to be at our internships on Monday, but then Tuesday I had all day to spend here at the house and do school work. Although it was not like a total two days off break - it was definitely a lighter load kind of week so far. I am ever so grateful to the man/woman who created the idea behind fall break...it is a genius idea that allows us to refocus a bit before drudging through the next part of the semester.



Fall break for Preston and I started with a nice walk through Elizabethton to enjoy the beautiful fall trees! I love fall. The cool weather and changing colors! BEAUTY TO BEHOLD!







Then Preston and I went to a reception for a couple that recently got married. It was a sushi restaurant...they rented the whole place. It was a lot of fun and I LOVE sushi so that was great! Plus, they had these cute Asian theme cupcakes. Adorable!















We also got to experience Preston do a little dancing...yeah...priceless I know...wish you could have been there to see it! :)



We got to hang out with friends Brandon and Shantell. FUN TIMES FOR SURE!



We went to the flea market in Morristown - which was HUGE and very exciting. I got me 3 dollar shoes for this activity at Dollywood...and we found Preston a pair of 8 dollar New Balance shoes! Also chocolate too.




Yes...then we went to Dollywood. Enjoying watching the horse walk around to make sorghum (however that is spelled). Preston enjoyed learning more about wood working tools, and then we both participated in a ropes "Adventure Mountain"....it actually was a bit scary at time and a lot of fun!

Then back to home we went...with our lovely and cute kittys! :)












SO....that was fall break. Tomorrow I go back to my normal schedule. Actually, I think the next part of the semester is going to be crazier. More papers due and harder junk. I looked over a syllabus today to get started and it just makes me stressed to think about what I have to do.

This first part of the semester, though, has gone VERY well. Though we are busy we find time to be together and we do random things to take good care of ourselves. We could ALWAYS spend more time with the family, but I know in time that will not be an issues at all.

Onward to part two of this semester.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3-7

These verses are a great reminder that in Christ we (I) are strong. That is one thing that is WILD about this experience in the Master's program....the corruption all around me...even through people who call themselves Christians but lead very different lifestyle or are so tolerant that they neglect to truly believe in the Bible as the final authority.

I believe that my role right now is just to portray an attitude of love. I have already faced situations where I have had to leave because of what that situation was promoting, and though I genuinely care about everyone in the program with me there are limits to what I will support.

It is a crazy part that actually adds a little stress to my life. How to be a loving compassionate Christian woman in such an ungodly place. How to stand true to my beliefs and not be judgmental....it's a great experience...and it shows to me that God is SO very important to me...but I still struggle with wanting everyone to like me and not hurt their feelings.

LIFE IS GRAND and GOD is AWESOME!

-- peace out
KJV

P.S. I'm not sure about the pics and the writing around them...not sure how that happened etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment