Tuesday, December 28, 2010

At home making salad

It is SO nice being at home as much as I am now that school is on break. I look forward to the day when I am a stay at home mom and figuring out schedules to get home things done while caring for the children. :)

It's nice to have the time to prepare healthy meals and not feel rushed. I really enjoy cooking and it is fun for me to cook things that I know are good for our bodies! Today I did get all the ingredients to put in my "salad box", and I took that time to chop every thing up. Sometimes its hard to think of things to go into a salad and so the following are the items that I put in there to then create salads with ease:

-Carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, zucchini, corn, peas, onions, avocado, celery, green pepper, olives, and tomatoes. I also have containers with craisons, walnuts, pecans, and chow mein noodles. I also need to cook some chicken and cut it into pieces to have for salads.

I find that eating salads is a great thing for the body and nice way to get a lot of good raw veggies into a meal. I know that some of the vegetables work hard toward digestion and so having some meat in the salad or eating a salad with some cooked foods is a good idea every once in a while. Too much raw food will make your spleen go crazy, but having a salad for lunch every day will make you feel good....just add some chicken to it every once in a while, or make sure to have a cooked dinner!

Well, I should be off to cooking...I'm making a Lentil, Apple, Walnut loaf and some steamed veggies for dinner tonight. Yum!

- Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment